- 1 pork (recipe of, with Chiles and Lime)
- 15 ounces low sodium black beans (drained)
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup monterey jack (shredded)
- Grease or apply cooking spray to baking dish. Combine cooked pork mixture with black beans and spread in baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil over high heat. Gradually whisk in yellow cornmeal. Reduce heat to low and let cook, whisking often, for 5 minutes, until very thick.
- Pour over pork and bean mixture. Top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, bake until topping is set and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and serve.