If you need a light and airy dessert that would be perfect for a holiday party, special occasion, or celebration, then why not give these Pastel Meringues a try. With only four ingredients, these sweet morsels are perfect when you don't have much time to make a dessert, but want to bring something to the party that everyone will love. Be sure to add these ingredients to your next shopping trip. Feel free to pick your own food coloring depending on how you want them to look.
- 2 egg whites
- 125 grams superfine sugar
- lemon juice
- food coloring (blue)
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the egg whites and a dash of lemon juice.
- Switch the mixer to medium speed and pnce the egg whites begin the stiffen add the sugar, all at once.
- Set the mixer to the maximum speed for about 4 minutes. After 3 minutes add the a dash of blue food coloring.
- The merinque should form a stiff peak.
- Heat your oven to 80 degrees Celsius.
- On a baking sheet lined with silicone or parchment paper, shape your meringues using a pastry bag.
- Bake your meringues for 2 hours.
- They will be cooked when the bottom comes off of the pan neatly; they should be dry to the touch.
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringues inside to cool down.