Pasta is a quick and easy menu option any day of the week. This healthy and hearty dinner can be ready in 40 minutes. Ingredients include carrots, green bell pepper, onions, celery, mushrooms, squash, prepared pasta sauce, oregano, pasta of your choice, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. This recipe is best with long noodles cooked al dente. If you need to wow the family, but don’t have time to cook gourmet, then try this tasty meal.
- cooking spray
- 1 carrot (minced)
- 1 green bell pepper (minced)
- 1 onion (medium, minced)
- 1 stalk celery (minced)
- 250 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 squashes (medium zucchini, diced)
- 1 cup prepared pasta sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (ground)
- 4 cups pasta (cooked al dente)
- 120 grams mozzarella (cubed)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- Heat a large skillet spritzed with cooking spray and saute the carrot, green pepper, celery, and onion. Stir occasionally until the onion is transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and zucchini, cook for 1 minute and then add the tomato sauce, ground oregano and half a cup of water.
- Cook at a simmer for 5 minutes or until the zucchini is cooked and tender. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Place 2/3 cup of the vegetable mixture in a saucepan and add 4 cups of pasta when it begins to boil. Add the mozzarella. When the cheese melts, place onto a serving dish and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve.
- The extra vegetable mixture may be frozen and will last up to 2 months.
|Calories750Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.