Pasta with Poblano Chilies and Red OnionMADELEINE COCINA
This pasta requires only 8 simple ingredients and takes 30 minutes to prepare. Al dente pasta is served with lightly caramelized poblano peppers and onions. The pasta and vegetables are tossed in a sauce made from blended chiles, cream, and spices for flavor-packed meal. The sauce is thick and creamy and perfectly accents the flavors of the onions, peppers, and pasta. A sprinkle of goat cheese finishes the dish off perfectly and brings it all together. The leftovers warm up nicely, so you can pack the extra for lunch tomorrow.
- Cook the pasta al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute 1/4 of the poblano chili strips and the onion until the onion is transparent.
- In a blender, add the rest of the poblano chili, cream, milk, bouillon, and a pinch of cumin. Puree until smooth.
- Add to the pasta and cook for 5 minutes to bring out the flavor.
- To plate, serve pasta, then add the onion and chili strips. Sprinkle the cheese on top.