When you look at the ingredient list for this recipe you might seem a little daunting, but this recipe is actually super simple to put together. Sauteed mushrooms are the real star here and all the other ingredients simply accent their woody flavor. A delicate red wine cream sauce makes for an indulgent and flavor-packed meal. A sprinkling of feta, parsley, and almonds finish the dish off perfectly with a little crunch.
- 200 grams spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 200 grams mushrooms (minced)
- 3 tablespoons red onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (ground)
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- feta cheese
- fresh parsley
- almonds (finely chopped)
- Boil water for the pasta in a large pot. Add a pinch of salt and prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/3 of the cooking liquid.
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms, stirring from time to time until golden. Cook for approximately 10 minutes. Add the onion, rosemary, garlic, oregano, and basil, cooking for 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the wine and allow to cook for 1 minute. Add the cream, milk and the reserved cooking liquid from the pasta. Cook on low heat until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the pasta, stirring to combine with the sauces, and remove from heat. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve sprinkled with the feta, parsley, and almonds.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.