Pasta with Lentils and Ground BeefMadeleine Cocina
If you are searching for a recipe with traditional elements as well as a ton of protein, we got you covered! This recipe for Pasta with Lentils and Ground Beef is delcious as well as the perfect post-workout meal. Try out this recipe and see how your body responds to the added protein intake. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We are happy to read your comments and respond. You can also give this Pasta with Lentils and Ground Beef recipe a star rating.
- 250 grams pasta (preferably spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 carrots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 100 grams ground beef
- 1 cup lentils (cooked)
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- cheese (preferably cotija or parmesan, as much as you like)
- 1Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- 2As the pasta is cooking, place a large frying pan on the stove over medium flame. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook everything together for 5 minutes.
- 3Once the vegetables have cooked, add the ground beef and mix it completely into the other ingredients.
- 4Add the lentils and the tomato sauce and continue mixing all the ingredients together. Cook everything for 5–8 minutes.
- 5Finally, strain the cooked pasta and then place it into the frying pan. Mix everything together carefully. Let everything cook for 4 more minutes.
- 6Serve the pasta on a plate and sprinkle some cheese on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories640Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.