- 1 pound asparagus (trimmed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged gouda (shredded)
- 1 pound cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup cooking liquid
- Preheat gas grill to medium- high heat. Toss asparagus with olive oil to coat. Grill 5-7 minutes until asparagus begins to char. Remove from grill and cool slightly.
- Chop asparagus into 2 inch pieces. Place asparagus, garlic, almonds, salt, lemon juice and nutmeg in blender. Pulse on setting 2 (chop) 8-10 times. Add olive oil 2 tablespoons at a time, pulsing once or twice until pesto just begins to blend, Do not over process.
- Remove pesto from blender and stir in gouda.
- Toss pasta with pesto in large bowl, adding pasta cooking liquid as needed for desired consistency. Serve immediately with additional cheese, if desired.