- 5 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 pound pancetta (or bacon, finely chopped)
- 1 onions (large, finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 containers chicken broth (32 oz. ea.)
- 1 jar Bertolli® Organic Olive Oil, Basil & Garlic Sauce
- 2 cans cannellini (19 oz. ea., or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 pound pasta shells (small)
- Heat 2 tablespoons Olive Oil in 6 quart saucepot over medium heat and cook pancetta, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes until almost browned. Add onion and cooked covered, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until tender. Add remaining 3 tablespoons Olive Oil and carrots and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in broth, Sauce and beans. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add shells and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until shells are tender. Serve, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil.
me 22 Sep 2018
I used frozen peas and carrots since that is what I had. I would make it again.
Brian Moorman 1 Feb 2017
I make this meal at least once a month for the family. It is one of my wife's favorite meals and it is the easiest one I make!
Edith Jackson-Cabbell 19 Jun 2016
Turned out great. I make it on a regular basis. My husband and I really enjoy it and I make it for friends
Annamaria H. 19 Nov 2015
Gonna try this tonight. Hope it turns out alright. Looks good though. Not sure how the rest of the family will like it. But When you don't have meat in the house. Have to deal with what you have.