- 2 1/2 pounds clams (Fresh small, in their shells)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (chopped, up to 2)
- 7 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- Put the cleaned clams in a saucepan with 1tbsp of the olive oil. Cover the pan and shake over moderate heat to open the clams, this will take 6-8 minutes. Discard any that do not open after this time. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the garlic and fry. Add the clams and mix quickly. Add the reserved liquid, bring to the boil and remove from the heat, keep warm.
- Boil the spaghetti until it is al dente. Drain and mix with the clams.
- Serve at once, sprinkled with parsley and black pepper.