Pasta Shells Stuffed With Vegetables And HamKooking
Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Pasta shells stuffed with vegetables and ham is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 250 grams pasta shells (large)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 leeks
- 2 small carrots (or 1 large carrot)
- 1 artichokes
- 1 green onions
- 2 slices serrano ham (Spanish)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 100 milliliters milk
- tomato sauce (homemade)
- grating cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2Prepare vegetables.
- 3Cut zucchini, leek, carrots, artichoke and onion in small pieces and grind in the food processor.
- 4Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the vegetables over low heat.
- 5Finely dice ham and add to pan with vegetables.
- 6Sprinkle a tablespoon of flour over vegetables and mix well.
- 7Whisk in milk and stir until smooth and sauce starts to thicken.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Let cool.
- 10Cook pasta shells in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, according to the package directions (about 12 minutes).
- 11Drain pasta shells well and use a small spoon to stuff shells with vegetable cream mixture.
- 12Spread tomato sauce over the bottom of a baking dish and place the stuffed pasta shells on top of the sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 13Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned.