Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Pasta shells stuffed with vegetables and ham is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 250 grams pasta shells (large)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 leek
- 2 small carrots (or 1 large carrot)
- 1 artichoke
- 1 green onion
- 2 slices serrano ham (Spanish)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 100 milliliters milk
- tomato sauce (homemade)
- grated cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Prepare vegetables.
- Cut zucchini, leek, carrots, artichoke and onion in small pieces and grind in the food processor.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the vegetables over low heat.
- Finely dice ham and add to pan with vegetables.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of flour over vegetables and mix well.
- Whisk in milk and stir until smooth and sauce starts to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool.
- Cook pasta shells in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, according to the package directions (about 12 minutes).
- Drain pasta shells well and use a small spoon to stuff shells with vegetable cream mixture.
- Spread tomato sauce over the bottom of a baking dish and place the stuffed pasta shells on top of the sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned.