- 7 ounces shell pasta (large)
- 2 cups fresh green beans (trimmed, halved)
- 12 ounces canned tuna (in chili oil)
- 6 stalks flat leaf parsley leaves (fresh, coarsely chopped)
- 10 stalks fresh basil leaves (torn)
- 2 teaspoons baby capers (drained, rinsed)
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender, then drain. Rinse under cold water then drain again.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave the green beans until just tender and still bright green, then drain. Rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Drain the tuna, reserving the oil from one of the cans of tuna. Place the tuna in a large bowl and flake with a fork. Add the pasta, beans, herbs, capers and arugula. Toss gently to combine.
- To make the dressing, place the remaining ingredients and the reserved oil in a screw-top jar and shake well. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Serve.