If comfort food is what you need after a stressful day or event, then try this Pasta Gratin with Sausage and Ham. It is cheesy, savory, hearty, and comforting. This recipe makes two delicious servings for you and a loved one. Ingredients include rotini, turkey sausage, turkey ham, green bell pepper, scallions, half & half, salsa, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, and ground black pepper. You are 40 minutes from pure comfort.
- 200 grams rotini
- 1/2 cup cooking liquid
- 3 turkey sausages (chopped)
- 4 slices turkey ham (diced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 scallions (minced)
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons salsa (prepared spicy green)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella (or other melting cheese, grated)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- cooking spray
- salt and ground black pepper
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and saute the onion and green pepper with a little salt and pepper until the onion is transparent. Add the ham and sausage. Cook, stirring frequently until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Return the cooked pasta to its pan with the reserved cooking liquid. Add the cooked vegetables, cream, and salsa. Stir carefully and place into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and parmesan and broil until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and serve.
|Calories890Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.