- 4 ounces Basic Egg Pasta Dough (halved)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 3 celery (ribs, finely chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (458 ml, rinsed)
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Attach Pasta Press Accessory fitted with Small Macaroni plate to KitchenAidⓇ Stand Mixer. Shape each piece of dough into 1-inch diameter log. Turn mixer to Speed 8. Working with one log of dough at a time, feed dough into hopper and use the swing-arm wire dough cutter to cut pasta into 1/2-inch lengths as it exits the press. Carefully arrange pasta on rimmed baking sheet lightly dusted with flour.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in large pot; season generously with salt. Add pasta and cook 30 seconds or until al dente. Drain well.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, onions, celery and carrots to same pot. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomato paste and herbs; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in beans and broth; increase heat to high. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in cooked macaroni just before serving. Drizzle each serving with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.
|Calories280Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.