- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 ounces raspberries (mashed with a fork)
- 2 passion fruits (seeds and pulp removed)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bring 1/2 cup water and butter to a boil then add flour, all at once. Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball and pulls away from sides of the pan. Transfer to a bowl to cool for 5 mins. Gradually beat in eggs to make a firm glossy paste. Transfer to a large piping bag fitted with a large plain tip and pipe 12 - 2 3/4 inch long strips onto parchment paper. Bake for about 20 mins until crisp and golden. Pierce eclairs to allow steam to escape then return to oven for 3-4 mins. Cool on a wire rack then split each eclair in 1/2 lengthwise.
- Whip cream and 3/4 cup powdered sugar to soft peaks then fold in mashed raspberries and 1 1/2 tbsp passion fruit seeds and pulp. Transfer to a large piping bag fitted with a large plain tip and pipe inside eclairs and sandwich back together.
- Strain remaining passion fruit seeds and pulp, reserving seeds. Add remaining powdered sugar to stained passion fruit juice and mix until smooth, adding a few drops of water if needed. Spread over tops of eclairs then distribute passion fruit seeds over top.
|Calories160Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.