- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- 7 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1 egg
- fruit filling (Passion)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 4 passion fruits (insides scooped out and reserved)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- For the pastry dough, pulse flour, powdered sugar and butter in a food processor until loosely combined. Add egg and process until dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly. Shape into a flat disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Lightly grease a 10 inch round, fluted tart pan with removable base. Roll pastry between sheets of parchment paper, large enough to line prepared pan. Ease into pan and trim excess. Place pan on a baking sheet and chill 15 mins. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line pastry with parchment paper and cover base with dried beans, rice or pie weights. Bake 15 mins. Remove weights and paper, bake 5 more mins, or until golden. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350°F.
- For the passion fruit filling, whisk eggs, sugar and cream until combined. Whisk in passionfruit pulp and juice. Strain into a bowl, discarding half the seeds. Stir remaining seeds into mixture. Pour into pastry. Bake 30 mins, or until almost set. Cool. Dust with extra powdered sugar before serving.
|Calories310Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.