- 2 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 egg (+ 4 egg yolks)
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 15 tablespoons butter (softened, diced)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/4 cups passion fruit juice (+ 3 tbsp)
- 4 tablespoons custard powder
- 5 passion fruit pulp (ripe, scooped out)
- whipped cream (to serve)
- Grease a 10 inch loose-bottomed tart pan.
- Combine powdered sugar, whole egg, 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup butter and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Knead with the dough hook then with your hands until smooth. On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough out into a 12 inch circle. Use to line pan. Prick base with a fork and chill for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 5 tbsp butter. Mix remaining flour, 1/4 cup sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Add melted butter and knead with the dough hook of a mixer to a crumble. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line tart pan with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Blind bake for 20 mins. Remove baking beans and paper. Bake for 5 mins.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups passion fruit juice to a boil. In a bowl, mix together custard powder, remaining sugar and 3/4 cup cold passion fruit juice until smooth. Whisk into boiling juice then simmer for 1 min. Remove from heat. Beat egg yolks with 3 tbsp passion fruit juice then stir into hot custard mixture. Add passion fruit pulp. Pour into tart shell and sprinkle crumble over top. Bake for 20 mins. Let cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream.
|Calories220Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.