Passion Fruit MousseReceitas Da Felicidade!
Gelatin sheets are used by professional pastry chefs and experienced home cooks for a good reason: Once softened and heated until dissolved, they don't have any of the powdery residue that can mar the consistency of creams and other preparations, including this mousse. Passion fruit pulp (preferably with the seeds) can be found at specialty food shops and Latin American markets (or online). Or you can scoop out the pulp and seeds from fresh passion fruit if you prefer.
- 4 gelatin sheet
- 60 milliliters milk
- 2 packages whipping cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can passion fruit pulp (with seeds)
- 1Place the gelatin sheets in cold water to soften for 5 minutes.
- 2Heat the milk in a saucepan. When hot, add the drained gelatin sheets and stir well until dissolved.
- 3Whisk the cream well.
- 4Place the condensed milk in a bowl and gradually add the passion fruit pulp, reserving a bit to use for garnish.
- 5Add the gelatin-milk mixture and mix well.
- 6Finally, add the cream, mixing until well blended.
- 7Let mousse chill in the refrigerator for a few hours to set.
- 8Drizzle the mousse with the reserved passion fruit pulp and serve immediately.