- 5 ounces dark chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 7 ounces shortbread cookies (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin (6 leaves)
- 3 1/4 cups cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 2 passion fruit
- 3/4 cup passion fruit juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler and stir in the crumbled cookies. Spread the mixture over the bottom of a greased 9 x 9 inch springform pan and refrigerate it for 15 mins. Dissolve the gelatin in a 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Mix the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, the vanilla extract, and lemon juice until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the dissolved gelatin liquid and the cream and whip with the whisk of hand mixer. Fold it into the cream cheese mixture and spread it over the cookie base. Chill it for 10 mins, then make some concentric grooves in the cream with the back of a spoon. Chill the cheesecake for about 2 hours.
- Cut the passion fruit in half and scrape out the seeds. Bring 3/4 cup of passion fruit juice and 1/4 cup of sugar to the boil in a saucepan. Mix 5 tbsp of juice with the cornstarch, add it to the juice in the saucepan, and bring it back to a boil. Fold the passion fruit flesh into the thickened juice, stir well, and let it cool for about 5 mins. Spread the passion fruit sauce into the grooves on the cake and chill for another 15 mins before serving.
|Calories520Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.