This hearty dish is not only simple to pull together, but special enough for company. The flavors suit autumn and winter appetites. Serve with Festive Corn Muffins.
- 6 smoked pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (drained, liquid reserved)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- Melt butter in large skillet and brown chops on one side. Place chops, browned side up, in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Combine sweet potatoes, pineapple, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Spoon mixture over chops. Sprinkle with nuts. Pour pineapple liquid into pan. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes.