- 4 pork loin chops (1-inch thick)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups parsnips (shredded)
- 1 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1/2 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown chops over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Sprinkle lightly with salt if desired. Remove chops; let rest 3 minutes and keep warm.
- Toss together the parsnips, carrot, green onion, tarragon, salt and pepper. Melt butter in skillet. Add parsnip mixture to skillet; toss to coat well. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring once. Cook until vegetables are just crisp-tender. Do not overcook.
- To serve, place vegetables on plate; nest chop in center. Garnish with additional green onion strips or slices if desired.