Sun-dried tomatoes and a combination of fresh and dried herbs are what make these savory muffins a standout. Fresh basil and thyme are used here along with dried oregano, but other herbs would also work, depending on what's in your larder (or your own herb garden). Be sure to buy tomatoes packed in olive oil, as these will have the best flavor and will not need to be softened before using. Also, avoid overmixing the batter for the lightest results.
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes (in olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease the muffin pans.
- In a bowl, combine the egg with the yogurt, milk, and oil. Beat well to a uniform mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder, salt, and Parmesan.
- Combine the 2 mixtures and mix until smooth. Do not over-mix.
- Add the chopped dried tomatoes, basil, thyme, and oregano.
- Fill the muffin pans 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.