Parmesan, Dried Tomato, and Herb MuffinsAnanás e Hortelã
Sun-dried tomatoes and a combination of fresh and dried herbs are what make these savory muffins a standout. Fresh basil and thyme are used here along with dried oregano, but other herbs would also work, depending on what's in your larder (or your own herb garden). Be sure to buy tomatoes packed in olive oil, as these will have the best flavor and will not need to be softened before using. Also, avoid overmixing the batter for the lightest results.
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes (in olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease the muffin pans.
- 2In a bowl, combine the egg with the yogurt, milk, and oil. Beat well to a uniform mixture.
- 3In another bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder, salt, and Parmesan.
- 4Combine the 2 mixtures and mix until smooth. Do not over-mix.
- 5Add the chopped dried tomatoes, basil, thyme, and oregano.
- 6Fill the muffin pans 3/4 full.
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.