Parmesan, Bacon, Rice and Summer Squash CasserolePORK
Makes a good addition to a brunch buffet of rolls, muffins and fresh seasonal fruits. Hearty enough for dinner anytime, this casserole can be made the night before and refrigerated until it’s time to fix dinner.
- 1 lb. bacon (diced)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 3 cups rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 zucchini (small, coarsely shredded)
- 1/3 cup ripe olives (sliced)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper toweling. Reserve 3 tablespoons drippings. Return 1 tablespoon drippings to skillet; add onion, cook and stir for 3 minutes, until soft.
- Spread rice in an 11 3/4x7 1/2-inch baking dish; top with half the bacon and onion.
- Combine flour and remaining 2 tablespoons drippings in medium saucepan; mix well. Over medium heat, gradually add milk and cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Pour 1 cup sauce over bacon and rice. Top with zucchini and olives. Sprinkle with remaining bacon; pour remaining sauce over top. Cover tightly with foil; bake 20 minutes, uncover and bake for 15 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories620Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes