- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup french fried onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 cup french fried onions
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- To prepare Bagels, mix yeast, 1-1/2 cups water and 1 tablespoon honey in bowl. Let stand 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Add flour, cheese, onions, chives, thyme, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and salt to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer. Turn to Speed 3 and mix 1 minute.
- Continuing on Speed 3, add yeast mixture and mix until just incorporated. Remove Paddle and attach Dough Hook. Turn to Speed 4 and knead 7 minutes. Place dough in large, lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in warm place 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and cut into ten equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Place on baking sheet. Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Combine 2 quarts water, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons honey in large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Poke a hole in center of each dough ball using a finger and twirl and stretch dough around finger until center hole is 2 to 2-½ inches in diameter. Drop bagels, 2 at a time, into boiling water. Cook 1 minute on each side. Remove from water with strainer to baking sheet.
- To prepare Topping, brush tops of bagels with egg. Sprinkle evenly with sea salt, onions and cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning over after 15 minutes to ensure even browning. Cool on wire rack.