Tender bone-in pork chops baked in the oven with a thick and crispy Parmesan panko crust.
- 1 ounce panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1” thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line an large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and black pepper. Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Place the panko, grated parmesan, garlic powder, and a pinch of black pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine. Pour in the melted butter, and stir until the crumbs are thoroughly moistened.
- Divide an equal amount of the parmesan mixture over each pork chop. Using clean hands, pat the mixture into even layers, covering the surface of each pork chop.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the pork chops for 25-30 minutes, until the crust is golden and the meat reaches an internal temperature of 140° F.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Allow the pork chops to rest for 3 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Plate the pork chops and serve immediately.