These savory cookies are made from a mix of all-purpose and nut flours. The Parmesan-laden dough comes together with the addition of chilled butter. Once it does, roll out the dough, cut it into shapes and place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle them with whatever herbs and spices suit you: rosemary, thyme and crushed red pepper work well. Transfer them to the oven to bake just until cooked through.
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 50 grams almond flour
- 130 grams butter (chilled)
- 130 grams parmesan cheese (grated)
- ground black pepper
- chili peppers
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Work the butter together with the flour into an oatmeal-like consistency.
- Add the parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, and a few tablespoons of milk. Knead the dough until it is smooth, soft and uniform in consistency, then, shape it into a ball.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 1/2 centimeter and cut out the cookies in various shapes.
- Place the cookies on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- If you like, you may sprinkle with sage, rosemary, thyme, chili pepper, chives, or any spice you wish.
- Bake for approximately 13 minutes. Do not let the cookies brown too much or they will acquire a bitter taste.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
|Calories700Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.