Try our Parmesan Cheese Puff Pastry Crackers and Parma Prosciutto Roses. This recipe is very easy to make but a traditional Italian meal. You will often see this dish served as an appetizer to a meal or a teaser for what is to come next. This Parmesan Cheese Puff Pastry Crackers and Parma Prosciutto Roses recipe is not loaded with too many steps and ingredients. The basics in this case are best to enhance flavor.
- 1 sheet pastry dough (puff)
- grated parmesan cheese
- prosciutto (Parma, sliced finely, may substitute any prosciutto)
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry dough and sprinkle with a generous amount of grated parmesan cheese.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut disks out of the dough.
- Place the disks on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden.
- While the crackers are still hot, add a slice of prosciutto shaped into a rose.
- Serve hot.