Simple chic. Serve this rich dish with a mixed greens salad, angel hair pasta and steamed asparagus.
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup onions (sliced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (finely chopped, OR red or yellow)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (OR chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns (crushed)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (cubed and softened)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Brown chops 2-3 minutes on each side, remove chops from pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add the onions and peppers; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add wine, garlic and green peppercorns. Cook over high heat for 1 minute. Return pork chops to skillet; cover tightly; cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove chops to a serving platter; and rest for 3-5 minutes and keep warm. Stir the cream cheese into the wine mixture; add cream. Heat through (do not boil). Season to taste. Spoon peppercorn sauce over the pork chops.