Parisian FlanL'Antro dell'Alchimista
This meaty addition to an antipasto platter can feature whatever cured meats you favor, though a mix of salami, capocollo and prosciutto certainly work well. The brine — made with olive oil, red wine vinegar and peppercorns — contains aromatic bay leaf and rosemary, as well as chopped chili pepper for heat. Allow a few hours for the meats to marinate in the refrigerator once they're tossed in the bracing vinaigrette.
- milk (1 lt.)
- 250 grams sugar
- 5 eggs
- 100 grams corn starch
- 250 grams heavy cream
- 1 vanilla pods (split and remove the seeds)
- 1 sheet pastry dough (puff)
- 1Preheat the oven to 170C.
- 2Butter and flour a 26 centimeter springform pan or metal ring, line the pan with puff pastry dough and refrigerate.
- 3Bring 900 milliliters of milk to a boil with 125 grams of sugar and the vanilla seeds.
- 4Beat the eggs with the remaining 125 grams of sugar, add the sifted cornstarch, and then the remaining 100 milliliters of cold milk.
- 5Slowly add the hot milk and cook on low heat in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- 6Let it cool slightly, then add the heavy cream.
- 7Cool the cream and pour it into the cake pan with the puff pastry dough.
- 8Bake for approximately 1 hour.
- 9Remove the flan from the oven and cool completely before serving.