This meaty addition to an antipasto platter can feature whatever cured meats you favor, though a mix of salami, capocollo and prosciutto certainly work well. The brine — made with olive oil, red wine vinegar and peppercorns — contains aromatic bay l…
af and rosemary, as well as chopped chili pepper for heat. Allow a few hours for the meats to marinate in the refrigerator once they're tossed in the bracing vinaigrette.
- milk (1 lt.)
- 250 grams sugar
- 5 eggs
- 100 grams cornstarch
- 250 grams heavy cream
- 1 vanilla pod (split and remove the seeds)
- 1 sheet pastry dough (puff)
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Butter and flour a 26 centimeter springform pan or metal ring, line the pan with puff pastry dough and refrigerate.
- Bring 900 milliliters of milk to a boil with 125 grams of sugar and the vanilla seeds.