Tastes like paradise! Our Paradiso Cake is absolutely delectable! This recipe calls for very simple ingredients and a small dose of rum to give it that extra dessert punch. Together this recipe creates an amazing array of tastes and flavors. This sw…
et Paradiso Cake is perfect for a party or a small dessert after a great meal. It is easy to store and serve the next morning with coffee or tea. Try out our Paradiso Cake!
- 250 grams sugar
- 250 grams butter (softened)
- 125 grams flour
- 125 grams potato starch
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until light a foamy. Add the two egg yolks, one at a time, the eggs, rum, lemon peel, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt, and continue beating.
- Sift the flour with the potato starch and incorporate it into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a springform or loaf pan, which has been previously buttered and floured.
- Bake the cake for 70 to 80 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After approximately 30 minutes, make an incision in the cake so it will rise better.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool completely, remove it from the pan and sprinkle it with powdered sugar before serving.
|Calories1040Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.