Paradise CakeLe ricette di Micol
Super moist, this cake fully lives up to its name, Paradise Cake. Filled with a light honey sweetened coconut cream, this Paradise Cake is made with a blend of flours for a uniquely light crumb and texture. Lightly flavored with vanilla bean and lemon zest, this cake has a beautifully light flavor that combines perfectly with the lightness of the coconut cream filling. This Paradise Cake is the perfect treat for a warm spring afternoon.
- 200 grams butter (softened)
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 100 grams potato starch
- grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs (+ 2 egg yolks)
- 400 milliliters coconut milk (or milk)
- 200 milliliters non dairy cream
- 3 teaspoons acacia honey
- 1 vanilla beans
- 50 grams corn flour
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 1To prepare the batter, beat the soft butter with a wooden spoon until foamy.
- 2Incorporate the powdered sugar in two additions.
- 3Beat the eggs with the 2 egg yolks with a fork in another bowl.
- 4Add the eggs gradually to the butter mixture, beating until the eggs are completely incorporated and the mixture is creamy and foamy.
- 5Sift the flour with the potato starch and add it the batter with the grated peel of 1 lemon by folding them carefully.
- 6Line a 20 centimeter cake pan with wax paper and add the batter.
- 7Bake at 180C for approximately 1 hour.
- 8Remove the cake from the oven and cool completely before adding the filling.
- 9To prepare the filling, place the cornflour and the sugar in a bowl.
- 10Heat the coconut milk in a medium saucepan and add the seeds from the vanilla bean.
- 11Pour the coconut milk in the bowl with the cornflour and sugar, beat the mixture with a whisk.
- 12Place the mixture in the saucepan and bring it to a boil, as soon as it begins to thicken remove it from the heat, allow the mixture to cool, stirring often.
- 13When the mixture has cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 14Whip the cream with the honey, then incorporate the whipped cream into the coconut cream prepared earlier and use it as a filling for the cake.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1160Calories from Fat610|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat610|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.