The fresh flavors of spring burst forth in this easy to make dish of Pappardelle with Peas, Asparagus, and Mint.
- 12 ounces dried pappardelle
- 1 cup cooking liquid (reserved pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces pancetta (diced small)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1" pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup beef stock (I use low sodium)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (freshly, plus additional for serving, optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (to garnish)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Keep warm
- In a large high sided skillet, saute half of the chopped asparagus (the stalks) in the olive oil over medium/high heat for 1 minute.
- Add in the pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the beef stock, making sure to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in the peas and asparagus tips. Continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ½ cup of the pasta cooking liquid and the 3 egg yolks. Toss well to combine.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and if the pasta seems too dry, add in some additional reserved pasta cooking liquid.
- Add the chopped, fresh mint and serve hot with additional Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories780Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.