Using the Bolognese Sauce recipe as a base, this pasta dish only requires heating the sauce with cheeses and cooking the pasta. A flavorful dinner that can be served with tossed greens and a good crusty bread.
- 1 container bolognese sauce (about 4 cups *)
- 12 ounces ribbon pasta (fresh, OR refrigerated, such as pappardelle or fettuccine pasta)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (dried, crushed)
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese (part-skim)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese (shredded)
- basil leaves (torn fresh, optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Transfer pasta to large pasta bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring sauce and Italian seasoning, if desired, to a simmer. Stir in ricotta cheese. Pour sauce over pasta; toss until combined. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Garnish with basil and serve with additional Parmigiano Reggiano, if desired.