Panuchos (Stuffed Tortillas)Madeleine Cocina
This classic Spanish dish is the perfect treat for your family for dinner. Try out our Panuchos (Stuffed Tortillas) recipe tonight. We are confident this recipe will leave your family satisfied with the flavor! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We are excited to read about your experience preparing serving this Panuchos (Stuffed Tortillas) recipe. The blend of Spanish flavor and essential nutrients make this recipe a stand alone great. Happy Cooking!
- 1 cup tortillas (maseca)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup water (tepid)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 200 grams pork (prepared pulled)
- 1 can black beans
- 6 leaves epazote
- cooking spray
- lettuce (washed and shredded)
- tomatoes (sliced)
- red onion
- 1Mix the maseca with the flour and salt. Add the water little by little until a dough is formed. Add the oil and form into a ball.
- 2Form into tortillas with the help of a tortilla press or by flattening with a plate or the palm of the hand.
- 3Place the tortillas on a hot skillet and cook on both sides until slightly inflated. Cut a slit into each to form a pocket.
- 4Drain the can of beans and mash along with the epazote. Heat slightly. Spoon into the tortillas.
- 5Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and lightly fry the tortillas until slightly golden.
- 6Spread a bed of lettuce on each serving dish and top with slices of tomato. Drain the onion slices and add to lettuce. Place the tortillas over the vegetables and top with pulled pork. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.