This Panna Cotta with Lemon Jelly has a harmonious blend of flavors and is dairy free and animal product free, making this a delicious vegan dessert option. Made with vanilla soy milk and nondairy cream, this panna cotta has a creamy texture that envelopes the blend of thyme, lemon, and vanilla bean flavors. Topped with a tart lemon jelly, this Panna Cotta with Lemon Jelly is the perfect refreshing dessert to end a warm summer evening dinner party.
- 200 milliliters vanilla soy milk (or whole milk)
- 200 milliliters cream (or non-dairy cream or milk cream)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agar agar (or 3 gelatin sheets)
- 40 grams fructose (or 60 gr. granulated or raw sugar)
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 fresh thyme (twig)
- lemon juice
- 100 milliliters lemon juice
- 50 milliliters water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon agar agar
- lemon peel
- fresh thyme (as needed)
- To prepare the panna cotta, heat the milk in a medium saucepan with the fructose, the thyme twig, and the filtered juice of half a lemon, without bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and add it to the mixture with the agar agar, stir with a whisk to dissolve the agar agar completely.
- Bring the mixture to a boil for a few minutes on low heat, remove the saucepan from the stove and incorporate the cream.
- Filter the mixture to eliminate the thyme and the vanilla bean and pour it in individual bowls.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate to set well.
- To prepare the lemon jelly, filter the lemon juice with a sieve.
- Add the water and place the mixture in a medium saucepan on low heat with the sugar, the fresh thyme, and the lemon peel.
- As soon as the mixture begins to boil, add the agar agar and stir with a whisk to eliminate any lumps.
- Boil the mixture for a few minutes and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Eliminate the fresh time by filtering the mixture and cool it completely.
- Remove the panna cotta from the refrigerator and add the cold jelly to the top.
- Return the panna cotta to the refrigerator for an additional 2 to 3 hours before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories190Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.