Made with coconut milk, this panna cotta pairs perfectly with the classic combination of strawberry and rhubarb. Lightly sweetened, the panna cotta has a light and smooth texture. Poached in white wine, the rhubarb is perfectly tender and adds a tart contrast to the sweet strawberries.
- coconut milk (50 cl.)
- milk (30 cl.)
- 3 1/4 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon agar agar
- 1 bunch rhubarb
- 100 grams raw sugar
- dry white wine (10 cl.)
- 1 box strawberries
- Panna Cotta Preparation:
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk, milk, and 3 1/4 teaspoons sugar.
- Meanwhile, mix the agar in a little bit of water.
- Add the agar to the milk mixture. Simmer over medium heat.
- Be careful the milk does not overflow.
- Remove the pan from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins and refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Rhubard Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the rhubarb in cold water, and cut into pieces.
- Put the rhubarb in a deep oven dish, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Add white wine.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil, and seal the edges.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, until rhubarb is tender to the touch.
- Don't overcook the rhubarb, or else it becomes a puree.
- Allow it to cool down in the liquid.
- Pour the cooking liquid into a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until it becomes syrupy.
- Place the cooked rhubarb stalks on a plate
- Gently place the panna cotta on the top.
- Garnish with a few strawberries and rhubarb syrup.