Panna cotta is a delicious and refreshing dessert, this version features a berry sauce making it perfect to enjoy on a hot summer day. With only five ingredients and taking 40 minutes to prepare, this dessert is great for when you don't have a lot of time to devote to making something delicious.
- 3 sheets gelatin
- 1 vanilla pod
- cream (50 cl. liquid)
- 70 grams powdered sugar
- coulis (Red fruit)
- Soften the gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water.
- Open the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, and with the tip of a knife, scrape the seeds out off the pod.
- Bring to boil the cream with the vanilla seeds, the split pod, and the sugar.
- When mixture starts boiling, remove the pan from heat, and add the well-drained, softened gelatin. Whisk to mix well. Let cool. Remove the vanilla pod and pour the cream into ramekins or small glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with a little red fruit coulis. This recipe can be varied to infinity: replace the berry sauce with a mango coulis, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or any other desired topping.