- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (plus extra for frying)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 100 milliliters orange juice
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 400 grams white cabbage (shredded)
- 1 red pepper (de-seeded and sliced)
- 200 grams plums (stoned and chopped)
- 3 tablespoons muscovado sugar (light)
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 100 milliliters vegetable stock
- 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 200 grams long grain rice
- 4 pork cutlets (each about 160g)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 50 grams panko crumbs
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the sesame seeds until golden. Drain half the seeds and set aside. Add the vinegar, orange juice and soy sauce to the pan. Stir well and remove from the heat. Stir in the cabbage and pepper, mix together well and leave to cool.
- To make the plum sauce, place the plums, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, stock and ketchup in a saucepan and cook gently until the plums have softened. Cook the rice in a separate pan of boiling salted water.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and coat with the flour. Beat the egg in a shallow bowl and pour the panko crumbs onto a plate. Coat the pork in the egg and then the crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the pork gently for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain the rice and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the reserved sesame seeds. Thickly slice the pork and arrange over the cabbage salad on serving plates. Serve with the plum sauce and rice.
|Calories620Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.