- 4 boneless pork chops (1 1/2 - inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon (crushed)
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese (grated)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chops to taste with salt and pepper and brown on one side, about 8 minutes; turn and brown other side, about 7 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove chops from pan, allow rest for 3 minutes and keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and butter to skillet; sauté mushrooms for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and liquid has evaporated.
- In small bowl stir together broth, wine and cornstarch; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened; stir in tarragon and cheese, stir to melt cheese.
- Serves 4.
- Wine suggestion: Serve with a chilled Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier or Chardonnay.