This is often the case when the kids get out of a long day of school and on the hunt for something to eat. This Pancetta Bacon Biscuits recipe is the perfect ticket to keep your kids eating healthy but giving them the flavor they are looking for. Let us know about your experience cooking this Pancetta Bacon Biscuits recipe in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 500 grams flour
- 250 grams water (approximately)
- 25 grams yeast (brewer’s)
- 150 grams bacon (pancetta, or prosciutto, chopped coarsely)
- 50 grams lard
- 8 grams salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (freshly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 200–210C.
- Place the flour in a bowl, make a well in the center, add the water, yeast, bacon, lard, salt, sugar, and the rosemary and knead quickly, shape the dough into a ball, cover the bowl and set it aside to rise for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin into an oval approximately 1.5 centimeter in thickness.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet, pinch the edges with your fingers, use a sharp blade to make a criss-cross pattern all over the surface, brush with beaten egg and let the dough rest for approximately 50 minutes, until it has almost doubled in size.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve warm .
|Calories760Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.