Pancakes with Orange Marmalade and WalnutsYerbabuena en la Cocina
Breakfast never looked better. Travel the world while staying home by using different fruits and flavors of marmalade – no need to go the restaurant. These pancakes feature basic ingredients like flour, milk, sugar, and eggs. Garnish with nuts, whipping cream, or shredded chocolate, the variety is only up to your imagination.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 kilogram orange (peeled and chopped)
- 2 orange (julienned)
- 700 grams sugar
- 1 lemon
- 50 grams walnuts (shelled)
- 1Beat all the ingredients together to form a smooth batter and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Butter a skillet and make the pancakes, flipping once to cook on both sides.
- 3Make the marmalade by placing the rind in a saucepan and covering with water. Cook for 5 minutes, drain, cover with water again, and cook for 5 more minutes. Repeat if necessary. Drain and set aside.
- 4Place the oranges in a saucepan with the sugar, lemon juice, and the rind. Cook on low heat for 55 minutes, add the nuts, and cook for 20 minutes more.
- 5Sterilize canning jars by boiling them for 20 minutes. Carefully fill and close, keeping upside down for 24 hours before using.