Pancakes With Poppy SeedsO Meu Tempero
Grated orange zest and poppy seeds add much flavor (and the seeds a bit of crunch) to these pancakes, which also include ricotta cheese in the batter for the ultimate in taste and texture. Plus, the egg whites are beaten until stiff and then folded into the yolk mixture, resulting in pancakes that are light and fluffy. All you need is a slick of oil in the pan to keep the pancakes from sticking, and for foolproof flipping.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 eggs (separated, I used medium ones)
- 125 ricotta cheese (grs of)
- 100 milliliters milk (I used thin)
- oil (to grease and taste)
- 1Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a cup.
- 2Add orange zest and poppy seeds and mix well.
- 3Separate the eggs.
- 4Add the egg yolks and flour.
- 5Add the ricotta cheese and mix again.
- 6Pour the milk gradually and mix until all is homogeneous.
- 7Beat the egg whites.
- 8Grease a pan with oil removing the excess with a paper towel and heat.
- 9When hot, put spoonfuls of dough.
- 10When it starts to bubble, it is time to turn.
- 11Repeat the process.
- 12Pair with sweet homemade nectar.