- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted, plus extra for cooking)
- strawberry jam (to serve)
- whipped cream (to serve)
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Whisk milk, egg and butter in a small bow, until combined. Gradually stir into the flour mixture until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Brush with extra melted butter.
- Drop heaped tablespoonfuls of batter into pan. Cook 1-2 mins, until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook other side for 1 min, or until golden. Brush the pan with additional butter as needed. Serve pancakes topped with jam and whipped cream.