Pancake with Cheese and HamAs receitas lá de casa
This tarte flambee is made by baking a simple (as in no yeast) dough with an equally simple topping of Flemish cheese (or other firm melting cheese, such as Gruyere, munster, or Edam), garlic powder, and mozzarella. It's really all about the cheese, so buy the best quality you can find. The dough comes together quickly, and an electric mixer does most of the work. Preheating the baking sheet helps gives the dough a boost in puffing up and turning crisp on the bottom.
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs (or 5 small eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams margarine
- 1 cup ham (cut into pieces, 1 cup Flemish cheese, cut into pieces)
- oregano (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1In a bowl, add the milk, flour, baking powder, eggs and salt.
- 2Use an electric mixer to beat to a smooth batter.
- 3Let rest while preparing the rest.
- 4Preheat oven to 356°F. Place the margarine in an oven-proof pan and place in the oven. Cut the cheese and ham and set aside. By this time, the margarine should be nearly melted. Remove from the oven and carefully tilt the pan to spread the margarine over the entire surface.
- 5Pour half the batter over the melted butter. Evenly spread the ham and cheese and top with the rest of the batter.
- 6Sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder and mozzarella. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Brown under the broiler for the last 5 minutes, taking care to watch so as not to burn.