If you are searching for the perfect after church fresh meal, then why not try this decadent recipe for Pancake Cake with Vegetables, Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese. This dish, when cut into pie pieces, is a palate pleasing perfection. The crisp vegetables pair wonderfully with the salty smoked salmon and goat cheese. If you want to show off your creative culinary skills the next time you decide to invite your friends over for a light lunch, then try this dish.
- 150 grams wheat flour
- 100 grams buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1.4 deciliters water
- 15 deciliters milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 zuchinni
- 1 olive oil (tablesponn of)
- 1 fresh goat cheese
- 300 grams salmon slices (smoked)
- 2 bunches swiss chard
- hazelnuts (flaked)
- 1 egg
- 20 light cream (cl of)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the dough by beating the 2 eggs, then add the flour.
- Mix with a fork, add the water and then the milk and stir with a whisk.
- Add the salt and the oil and let it stand for about 1 hour.
- Julienne the zuccini.
- In a frying pan, saute the zucchini in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season with salt. Set aside.
- Wash the chard, then remove the leaves from the stems and discard the stems.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and place the chard leaves in the boiling water.
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Drain, cool and dry in your hands or with a paper towel to remove the water.
- Cook the pancakes in a buttered pan.
- In a bowl mix 1 egg with the cream and a pinch of salt.
- In a flexible mold place a pancake.
- Cover with half of the goat cheese, chard, half the smoked salmon, half of the cream and egg mixture, and half of the nuts.
- Cover with a second pancake.
- Top with the remaining goat cheese, zucchini, cream and egg mixture (set 1 tablespoons aside), and smoked salmon.
- Cover with the remaining pancake, the rest of the nuts, and the remaining egg and cream mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and serve with an herb salad.