- 1 cup all purpose flour (spooned into cup and leveled off)
- 1/3 cup rye flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted, plus more for the pan)
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 11 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, rye flour, cornmeal, granulated and brown sugars, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, whole eggs, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and fold in the wet just until moistened.
- Coat 8-inch skillet with some melted butter and heat over medium-low heat. Pour ½ cup of the batter into the pan and cook for 1 ½ minutes, or until large bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Carefully flip the pancake over and cook for 1 minute longer, or until the underside is just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter to make 6 pancakes and let cool to room temperature.
- make the frosting:
- In a bowl, with and electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Beat in 4 tablespoons of the maple syrup and the confectioners' sugar until well combined.
- assemble the cake:
- Spread each pancake with one-sixth of the filling (about 5 tablespoons). Place one of the pancakes on a platter and stack the remaining pancakes on top. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup over the top of the cake.
|Calories760Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|