- 1 1/3 pounds frozen potato wedges
- 1 1/3 pounds mixed vegetables (frozen chunky)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (peeled and sliced)
- 4 sirloin steaks (about 6 oz each, trimmed)
- ketchup (to serve, optional)
- Cook the potato wedges according to the packet instructions.
- Place the vegetables in a small saucepan and cover with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 mins. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid in a saucepan with the milk and nutmeg. Mix the cornstarch with 2 tbsp water to make a paste, add to the pan. Cook, stirring continuously, until the sauce has thickened. Stir in 1/3 of the cheese. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Divide the vegetables between four ovenproof dishes. Pour over the cheese sauce. Scatter over the remaining shredded cheese. Bake alongside the potato wedges 5 mins before the end of cooking time. Bake until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and fry for 2-3 mins until golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Brush the steaks with the remaining oil. Add to the frying pan. Cook for 3 mins each side for medium (you will need to do this in batches). Serve with the onions, potato wedges, vegetables and ketchup (if using).
|Calories1000Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.