- 2 ahi tuna steaks (cleaned and patted dry with paper towels, preferably sushi grade)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons marinade (ingredients listed below)
- white sesame seeds (Black and)
- 1/2 cup water
- ginger (some freshly grated, more or less depending on your preference)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with a bit of water)
- salad (your choice of, I like spring mix)
- pine nuts (for garnish)
- wasabi paste (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard (Chinese style, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Helen T. 31 May
This was sooo good! Lots of ingredients but I had them all. I would make the salad portion ahead of time to simplify prep. We’ll definitely have this again.
Liza B. 26 May
This recipe is awesome!!!! Easy to follow, easy to make & awesome to eat!! 😁😁
Edd 25 Mar
Excellent sauce See for yourself
Cyndi Schmid 12 Feb
More amazing than expected! Simple and healthy. Repeating this for sure! Haven’t cooked with cornstarch before. Now I see why you need to add water to it before putting in the sauce. Oops!
Jeff e. 30 Jan
loved it turned out amazing.
Carolyn Rauffer 22 Oct 2017
Really loved this dish
Nina Phillips-Chu 24 Sep 2017
The marinade and glaze turned out delicious. Very easy to make.