Pan-Roasted Rib Chops Served on a Bed of Arugula with a Cherry Tomato SaladPORK
There are many do-ahead tips that make this delightful entrée easy to prepare. The dressing can be made one day ahead. Remember to zest the lemon before making the dressing so you have zest ready to rub on the chops! The chops can be coated with the flour, egg, and panko mixture up to 2 hours before serving. Cover the prepared chops loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook. For the busy cook, a prepared, bottled vinaigrette can be used in place of making a homemade dressing.
- Rub chops on each side with a little lemon zest and 2 cloves minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange 3 dinner plates in a row. Place flour on first plate, beaten egg whites on middle plate, and panko on third plate. Have baking sheet next to panko.
- Dredge pork chop in flour, shaking off excess. Then coat with egg white, letting excess run off; then place chop right into panko, coating all sides evenly. Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chops.
- Heat large, heavy non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil and swirl to coat pan. Add chops to pan and brown on both sides until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Test for doneness using instant-read thermometer; meat is done when it registers 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- While pork is cooking, make dressing. In small bowl, mix together mustard, salt, pepper, and 1 clove minced garlic to form paste. Add lemon juice and 3 Tbs olive oil and blend until combined. Toss cherry tomatoes with dressing. Add parsley and toss to combine. Set aside.
- To serve, divide arugula among 4 dinner plates, set a chop on top of greens on each plate. Give tomatoes another toss and divide among plates, scattering tomatoes over pork and greens. Serve immediately.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories260Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes