- 125 grams ground meat (such as beef, pork, chicken or turkey)
- 2 inches dried mushrooms (soaked water and chopped finely)
- 1 stalk spring onions (chopped)
- 2 slices ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (powder)
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 300 grams tofu
- 50 grams corn starch
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 90 milliliters water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and stir until the mixture is well-blended. Stir together all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the tofu into 10 rectangles, each about 4x7cm in size. Using a spoon to hollow out the center of each tofu rectangle to make a little box. Pat the tofu 'boxes' dry and dust them lightly with cornstarch. Fill each with about 1 tablespoon of the stuffing, mounding it slightly. Pat each piece of stuffed tofu with additional cornstarch.
- Pour enough oil into a skillet to fill 3 inches. Heat oil over medium-high heat to 150C/300F. Deep-fry the stuffed tofu, a few pieces at a time, until the tofu is golden brown and the filling is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Heat a skillet over high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add green onions and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Slip the fried tofu into the sauce and stir gently to coat. Transfer the tofu onto a serving platter, and serve hot.
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.