- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons beef stock
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (light)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 pickle (small, chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon capers (drained)
- 2 tablespoons herbs (chopped mixed, eg, parsley, chervil and dill)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 ounces skinless cod fillets
- 5 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 head radicchio (broken into leaves)
- 2 lemons (halved)
- Place 2 eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, then remove from pan from the heat. Let eggs sit in water 12 minutes, drain then run under cold water.
- For the vinaigrette, mix together the stock, vinegars and orange juice and season with salt, pepper and sugar. Whisk in the oil in a steady stream.
- For the tartar sauce, peel and finely chop the hard boiled eggs. Mix with the onion, pickles, capers and herbs and stir into the mayonnaise. Season to taste.
- For the fish, beat together the remaining eggs in a shallow dish. Spread the flour and breadcrumbs in two separate shallow dishes. Dip the each filet first in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Heat the butter in a large pan and pan-fry the fish for 3-4 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Toss the radicchio with the vinaigrette. Serve the fish with the salad, lemon halves and tartar sauce.
|Calories610Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.